One minute you’re sending out Christmas cards, the next you’re eating fondue for Valentine’s Day. Happy February, book lovers! I haven’t had a chance to reflect on 2013 much since I finished Bossypants, my 25th book of the year and the completion of my resolution to read 25 books. 2013 was a very successful year in many ways, and I discovered some excellent books.
My favorites of the year:
- Horns by Joe Hill
- Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson
- The Shining by Stephen King
- The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood
- American Gods by Neil Gaiman
- The Long Halloween by Jeph Loeb and Tim Sale.
For 2014, my goal is to read 26 books. I managed 25 this time around, what’s one more?