Things I’ve Done in 2016 That Did Not Involve Reading or Listening to a Book:
- Set up shop at a monthly vendor spot in the Plaza District and tried to get strangers to do art projects with me.
- Ate snow cones.
- Hosted an art show with work made by preschoolers.
- Hung out with Jade, who constantly schemes to steal pizza.
- Played board games.
- Went to weddings.
- Ate very adorable food at weddings.
- Hung out with Nibbler, who likes to sleep on our heads.
- Ate some more snow cones.
- Bought a tiny MarioKart car.
- Worked out.
- Saw the world premiere of our friend’s movie.
- Went to Dallas and took pictures of things with cute people.
- Played…slightly more difficult board games.
- Wandered the city, until it got too muggy and my legs started to stick together when I went on walks.
2016 has been a hard year to get jazzed about, but these are some of the good memories. I’ve also read a handful of books, which I will probably-definitely-most-likely get around to reviewing before the end of the year.
What have your favorite distractions been this year?